Sunday, September 13, 2009

New York New York ( Saturday Special)

I don't even know where to begin. What a fabulous, unexpected night! Cecilia and I went to go see 9. Finally! It was absolutely amazing! Then we went to go meet our friend Anna who was working at this amazing gallery. The artist made all these pieces of clothing out of paper. My description would never do them justice. He just so happens to be part of the Ralph Lauren family! I guess Ralph Lauren came in later that night and bought like five pieces from $800 to $1500 each! Must be nice to have family come to your show! You know... of the Ralph Lauren variety!
We then ended up at another opening. Some Argentinean artists. Super sweet, amazing work. I met so many amazing people there. People that I can see myself hanging out with. Which is a lot coming from my flaky ass!
Cecilia and I had been talking about Erlend Oye earlier in the evening. Who walks in? Erlend Oye!!! I don't typically get star struck. It's just not in my nature, but I think he is amazing! I finally got the courage to go up and talk to him. Trying my best not to be cheesy!
Me: Hey are you Erlend Oye?
Erlend: Ya. Nice to meet you. ( hand shake)
Me: Wow I really love your music, thank you!
Erlend: Thank you! (awkward silence)
He was so sweet and SUPER tall!!!
Then we headed back to Greenpoint to see Bret DJ. The music was amazing and to top it off they had free personal pizzas! I guess I know now where I will be going for dinner when I am broke! Which will be in the very near future! The crowd was lacking,but I think we made up for it! I also found my future husband! My straight future husband, but we never have to tell. Right! Danced our asses off! Sweat galore! I am going to be hurting tomorrow for sure! No worries. It's Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. When do I get to move over there? It's sounding awfully good...

    ReplyDelete