Sunday, September 20, 2009

In Bed By Seven

You would think by now that I would have realized that I am not in my 20's anymore. In fact, I have not been for a while. So why is it that i think I can party like I am?
Yesterday I walked around in Manhattan again. I walked so much, that at one point, I went into a store and attempted to try some shoes on, but my feet were so swollen I couldn't even fit them in a size up from my usual shoe size. I also broke down and bought a city guide, but I have yet to use it.
I eventually met up with Cecilia and Bret for some dinner and appetizers at this little place called Bia Garden in the lower east side. They bring you beer in these buckets. You choose a six pack, a dozen or a case. You aren't required to drink them all, but it's nice having them there when you want one, except the waitress holds on to the bottle opener, so I guess it's more gimmicky than anything else. Super cute though! It truly is like being in a beer garden. Next we met up with our friend Jessica at Welcome to The Johnson's. A crappy little dive bar with great wood paneling, cheap drinks and a great jukebox. Then we went and had indian food at Milon. Probably one of the most amazing restaurants ever! The ceiling was covered in christmas lights hanging so low you could hardly stand up! The food was over the top delicious and super cheap. The four of us ate way to much, and it only came to $40 total! I plan on going back there much sooner than later. After that we all headed back to Brooklyn. Jessica and I then went to a salon party that some friends of hers were throwing. Her roommate Tony was there, who I haven't seen for about ten years. Jessica and Tony are both transplants from San Francisco as well. It was great to see him. We danced. We drank. We drank some more. When that ended we headed over to the K&M bar. We danced. We drank. We drank some more. Then we took a taxi to yet another bar. Where we proceeded to dance and drink. Then we headed back to Jessica's house and drank some more. At six in the morning I figured it was probably a good time to head home. I took a car as the sun was rising. Ewww!
And that brings us back to the fact that I am not in my 20's! OUCH! It hurts!

2 comments:

  1. Umm, Milan is my favorite restaurant in the entire universe. It's kind of ridiculous how much I think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must go when you come! It's Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete