Friday, September 18, 2009

I Went to Manhattan yesterday.
Walked around: Union Square, East Village, Lower East Side, Greenwich Village, Tribeca, Soho and a couple of other nieghborhoods I don't know the names of yet.
Eventually I met up with Cecilia and Bret at the Gagosian gallery for an opening. It was so ridiculously packed that it was hard to even enjoy the art. We tried a couple of other galleries, but same thing. I saw a few amazing pieces, just had a hard time enjoying them due to the overcrowding. Then we met up with our friend Anna and had the most delicious ramen. Cecilia and bret were tired, so they headed back to Brooklyn. Anna and I decided to meet up with my friend Michelle who was working at the Tribeca Grand Hotel. What an amazing hotel! I wish I lived there! Anna's friend Marcus met us there. Awesome guy. He is totally into Anna. Can't say the same for her. When Michelle got off her shift we headed over to Santos Party House. (Starfucker is playing there on the 23rd!)The record label that Anna use to work for was throwing a party there. The music wasn't really my cup of tea, but the space was amazing. Michelle mentioned that they had an upstairs, so her and I went to check it out. They were having a private party. Michelle told the door guy that it was my first time there and that she just wanted me to see the upstairs. Miraculously he let us in. Now this was my music, my people...
We danced, we laughed, met some interesting people. One guy came up to me who was a photographer and said that he loved the way I danced and that he wanted to film me for a commercial. Most likely a crock of shit, but totally nice to hear.
Michelle was friends with the bartender so we proceeded to get wasted. then we headed back to Michelle's house in Williamsburg. At that point I realized how drunk I was so I decided to head back to Greenpoint. Passed out the second I got in the door! It was around five in the morning after all! What an incredible/tiring, day/night.

No comments:

Post a Comment