Friday, October 9, 2009

Soho, Noho, Holiday Inn

I met up with Sah, his little brother and Tre yesterday in Manhattan. The goal was to put together a proper styling kit for Sah. Before, it consisted of a few safety pins and maybe six clips. We ended up having to go to about four different stores for all the supplies that he needed. While shopping, we made a pit stop at designer Malcom Harris's apartment in Soho. He had one of the most amazing apartments I had ever seen. Basically the NYC apartment I've always dreamed of! André J was hanging out at the apartment. What a sweetheart. Very charming and funny! He had just returned from the UK. He also just recently graced the cover of Vogue Paris.
After our shopping was complete, we went to Wholefoods, where we got the most amazing and cheap pizza ever! Half Cheese, half asparagus and pesto! Only $16. Delicious. We went to Tre's and relaxed for a bit before heading over to the NYC Mortorcycle Federation Video Release Party. The Video was shot by Marcus K. Jones, still photos by Zachery Michael and styled by Sah D'Simone. I had already seen the footage before it had been edited, but it was nice to see the final product.
After way too many beers, we all walked over to the Soho Grand Hotel and had a few cocktails. Then we headed over to The Box. Such a beautiful space, but ridiculously smokey and super crowded. I believe that Joey Arias was doing a performance, but it was so crowded I could hardly see the stage. It definitely looked like him. I guess I'll never know.
I actually got home at a reasonable hour... 3:00pm... not so bad, but what a long day!






1 comment: