Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy Hour Sightings

Yesterday was pretty uneventful for the most part.
I began the day on Bedford Avenue at Bagelsmith with a delicious pumpernickle bagel with chive cream cheese. Mmmmmm, I wish I had one of those right now! After that I sat in McCarren park for a while as it was such a deserving day for it. Then I headed in to Manhattan. Walked around the East Village. I saw Eddie Kaye Thomas who was in American Pie, at a cafe. (The kid who hooks up with Stifler's Mom) Not that impressive, but I saw him never the less. I grabbed a couple of beers at Solas bar on East 9th Street. A little too swanky fo me, but they had some great happy hour specials. A woman sitting behind me said the best thing ever. "I always thought I would get hit on less as I got older, but it turns out that isn't the case at all. I actually get hit on alot more." Seriously?
When I was leaving I saw Sebastian Stan who plays Carter Baizen, Serena's current boyfriend on Gossip Girl Season 3. Also not necessarily that impressive. I'm mostly just impressed with the fact that I recognized either of these people. I'm usually so bad with that sort of stuff. I then headed back to Brooklyn, where I got sucked in to yet another happy hour at The Abby on Driggs Avenue. I eventually made it home, but only after buying more beer at the store. I spent some time video chatting with my friend Vanessa, who it seems, will be coming to NY with her boyfriend for christmas! So exciting! We always talked about having an "80's" Christmas in NY when we lived together. It looks like we may actually get to experience that after all! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment